We sell Tregothnan tea by the pot and take away loose leaf or tea bags.
Tregothnan Tea is grown in Cornwall on the banks of the river Fal near Truro. It is the only tea grown in England and is a delicious and refreshing drink free of the bitter after taste of tanine so common in other teas. The climate of Cornwall is very similar to the climate in Darjeeling, India. So long as the tea bushes are kept away from the wind direct from the sea they grow very well.
Tregothnan recommend brewing the tea for three minutes and trying the tea first without milk to give a truly clean taste that is unique in the tea offered for sale in Britain.
Tregothnan tea is an ideal accompaniment to our cream teas with light fluffy scones, Roddas clotted cream and Boddingtons strawberry jam. We sell Tregothan tea to drink in the tea room and also retail loose leaf and tea bags to take with you.
We sell the following Tregothnan teas:
- Classic Tea - the perfect morning brew. A consistent and awakening blend of exclusive hand-plucked Tregothnan leaves with the finest Assam, it is simply delicious with a bold, malty and full-bodied flavour.
- Afternoon Tea - blended with the Champagne of teas, Darjeeling. This is the most quintessentially British beverage.
- Green Tea - a fresh, healthy blend, of hand-picked tea from the Tregothnan estate in Cornwall and the finest green leaves from China.
- Earl Grey Tea - a blend of rare Cornish tea leaves and the finest Assam, infused with pure Bergamot oil.
- Peppermint Tea - Peppermint infusion, a unique fresh aroma to match Tregothnan tea's distinctive natural taste. Clean, clear, cleansing, and intensely flavoursome, this tisane is a perfect refreshing digestif.
- Red Berry - perfect for thirsty summer days. The refreshing fruit flavours balance perfectly with floral notes for a satisfying infusion.